Our students and graduates redefine success. Beyond income or possessions, our students find success in empowerment. Empowering themselves and others to make a real impact. But this is all just words. And you need more than that, right? Well, here's proof.
1. Meaningful education, not mass productionAt ACU, it’s education, but with a bigger purpose. We’re a university committed to standing up for people in need and causes that matter. If you’ve got the desire to make an impact, we’ll give you the skills to change the world. And if you want to start making an impact now – you can. Coach kids’ soccer in East Timor, help refugee children with their homework, nurse patients in Vanuatu, or teach in remote Indigenous communities – just to start.
2. We see the whole person
Everyone is welcome at ACU. We’re inclusive and supportive of everyone, every day, and our students feel it – giving us five stars for full-time employment, overall experience, learner engagement and skills development.* We’ll get to know you, and we will make sure you get the most out of your uni experience.
*Good Universities Guide 2019
3. A perfect fitWe’ve grown rapidly over the last few years, but you will find us more supportive than ever. Our campuses and classes are the perfect size, and you won’t get lost in the crowd. Your lecturers will know your name, and you’ll make great friends and strong networks.
4. We’ve got your backWhether it’s figuring out how to enrol or finding the best coffee on campus, we’ll help you out in person, online, by phone, or even SMS. And if you need support with your studies, or counselling services, we’ve got that covered too.
5. Getting job-ready, from day one
We know that the best way to get ahead is hands-on, practical experience. That’s why our campuses have state-of-the-art facilities like nursing simulation labs, fully functioning ambulances, art galleries and moot courts.
All our courses offer work placements, internships with leading companies, or volunteering opportunities. And the results speak for themselves – we're top three in Australia for domestic undergraduate employment.*
*Overall employment rate, Federal Government’s Graduate Outcomes Survey, 2017.
6. Relax, or don’t, in your downtimeWe’ve worked hard to create campus spaces that are relaxed, inviting, and fun. And with clubs and societies for everything from photography, to French, to skiing – we’re bound to have a group that’s right for you.
7. The world is our campus
We’re young, but we are making our mark. We’re ranked in the top 50 of Generation Y universities worldwide* and in the top 10 Catholic universities** – alongside Georgetown University and Boston College in the US. We’ve got more than 200 partners on six continents, community engagement opportunities around the globe, and a campus in Rome, Italy.
*Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2018
**Times Higher Education World University Rankings 18/19, IFCU members
8. There’s more than one way into ACUThere’s no right or wrong way to get into university, so if you don’t get the mark you need, don’t panic. That’s why we have pathways. They provide alternative options if you didn’t get the score you need, haven’t completed the prerequisites, or don’t meet some other requirement.
9. Financial supportWe know that balancing the cost of living and study can be tricky. So we offer nearly 400 scholarship opportunities which recognise academic achievement, community participation, and help out students from a range of backgrounds.
10. A space of your ownLiving in student accommodation is one of the best ways to get the most out of your uni experience. With ACU accommodation you’ll get academic support, make lifelong friends, and be part of a fun and close-knit community.
First time at university or returning to study another undergraduate course? Here’s how to apply for a bachelor or associate degree.Learn more
Take your interests further with a graduate certificate, graduate diploma or masters by coursework.Learn more
Are you an international student? Here’s how to apply for an undergraduate, postgraduate or research degree, or enrol in our English language courses.Learn more
Conduct original research with a masters by research or doctorate and make a valuable contribution to society.Learn more
When you don’t meet the entry requirements, successful completion of an admission pathway can provide eligibility into your dream course. They include associate degrees, diplomas, certificates or vocational pathway courses, and can be completed through ACU or TAFE/Registered Training Organisations.Learn more
Our Community Achiever Program (CAP), Passion for Business (P4B), and Elite Athlete and Performer Program (EAPP) recognise achievements beyond your academic performance and can help you gain entry to your dream course.Learn more
Adjustment factors (previously known as bonus points) are designed to help you get into uni and reach your full potential. If you’re eligible, adjustment factors are applied to your ATAR/OP to give you a revised entry rank, which can improve your chances of getting into your course. They can be based on subjects you studied, the school you went to, or if you live in a regional area, so they are worth checking out.Learn more
Choosing what to study is challenging enough without trying to decode changing entry requirements, hundreds of course options, and university terminology. We get it. And we've got you. Come along to one of our information sessions to get the facts and advice you need.View events
Books, fees, living expenses – costs can be a factor when considering study. But it shouldn't stop you from pursuing your goals.
Luckily, we offer a range of scholarships recognising everything from rewarding academic achievement to supporting equality. And with nearly 400 scholarships on offer, and the opportunity to apply for as many as you like, it pays to check your eligibility.
Fitting study in with life, work, friends – it can have its challenges. We know you can do it, but we also believe you shouldn’t have to do it alone. That’s why we offer a range of support services to help you succeed during your studies.Learn more